Digital Writing Residency
Three month residency focusing on stories of personal and professional development.
YouNeedTRIBE is pleased to announce the call for applications: TRIBE Digital Writing Residency, a residency that aims to encourage women of color to find and share their strength and teach and guide by creating a series of articles focused on their own personal and professional journeys.
TRIBE Digital Writing Residency - Summer 17 will take place from July 1 – Sep 30, 2017.
This project is open to emerging and established writers.
To be eligible for consideration, a candidate must provide:
- “About me” statement (including description of what a TRIBE means to you)
- Links/attachments to 2-3 writing samples
The successful candidate will be required to provide:
- A summary outlining the focus and scope of your three month timeline
- 4 writing pitches for month 1
- Short biography
- 1 headshot
The successful candidates will be selected by the YouNeedTRIBE executive team.
Description of Residency Program
This three month residency at YouNeedTRIBE.com is a part of an annual program which aims to create a platform to share often untold personal and professional experiences of women of color.
You will experience:
- A deeper connection to yourself and the story you have lived thus far
- A safe and supportive space to explore your stories and give them visual representation.
We will provide:
- A first hand opportunity to work directly with a growing platform catered to the development of women of color
- Access to #TRIBE, a Slack group comprised of successful, dynamic women of color across industries
Duration of Residency:
July 1 – Sep 30, 2017
Expectations from the Participating resident
Writers will be expected to submit 4 300-600 word pieces/month during the duration of their residency.
With this residency we hope to get a group of writers that will explore the topics of personal journeys, money and financial literacy, sisterhood, productivity, entrepreneurship, travel, and holistic wellness.
To Apply, simply email tribe@youneedtribe with the aforementioned application requirements w/ ‘Digital Writing Residency - Summer 17’ in the subject.